The job of the full-time assistant manager at Golden Star Theaters is to assist the head manager in overseeing all personnel and in running the day-to-day operations of a first-run movie theater. The ideal candidate will possess a strong sense of organization, efficient and effective communication skills, as well as the ability to help complete the day-to-day operations and implement effective strategies to reach long-term goals. The candidate must have some management / cash handling experience, understand business operations and be willing to work with / mentor theater employees to provide top-notch customer service. She or he must have a love for the movies.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Salary will be based off of prior work experience. Includes 1 week vacation and medical.
Job Responsibilities (Not all-encompassing):
- To assist the head manager with the following:
- Manage all personnel.
- Personnel Management (Assistant Managers, Floor Staff and Morning Cleaners) – Provide direction, coaching and leadership to personnel while supporting company policies and procedures. Includes scheduling, hiring, training, raise reviews and disciplinary reviews.
- Provide a fast, helpful, friendly and proactive customer service by recognizing issues before they occur, resolving the ones that do, and leaving the guest with a positive experience.
- Provide an experience that is comfortable, distraction-free and picture-perfect.
- Maintain a building that is clean, safe and in good repair.
- Serve fresh, appetizing and properly prepared food and beverages.
- Maintain theater inventories. Includes weekly ordering, organizing and counting.
- Weekly movie scheduling.
- Operate and maintain digital movie projectors.
- Develop, organize and execute movie-themed promotions.
- Prior management experience in a customer service field required. Preferably in cash handling environment.
- Understand the need / value of possessing and maintaining a positive, energetic attitude.
- Comfortable with enforcing theater policies, rules, and regulations.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to operate at a high level of organization and prioritization.
- Comfortable communicating and working with customers, supervisors, peers, subordinates and vendors.
- Prior money handling / counting experience.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
- To be able to stand, walk, lift, twist and bend on a frequent basis.
- Comfortable around computers with a working knowledge of Excel, Word and basic internet communications. (Familiarity with Macintosh a plus.)
- Have reliable transportation. (A personal vehicle is preferred.)
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid ID and Social Security Card or Birth Certificate OR a Valid Passport
- For Shenango Valley Cinemas – Email your resume, with references, to SVCresumes@goldenstartheaters.com